Pages

Sunday 19 September 2021

Melodious Warbler

I apologise for not blogging much, but the vegetables in the garden, and the fruit on the trees, are stealing all my spare time while I preserve the overflow ready for winter when the garden is basically bare.  Here are a few photos I took while picking blackberries and I realised I had company.   I have lots of photos to go through, not only my own, but from Christelle in South Africa as well


The Melodious Warbler (Hippolais polyglotta).






See also my Photodairy with lots of flowers and insects.

Joining up with

 Wild Bird Wednesday

I'd Rather B Birdin'

and

My Corner of the World

10 comments:

  1. Your harvesting is most important right now!! But having a little pleasure of birdwatching is good too. Terrific photos!!

    For sharing your photos today, I thank you for linking at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anni and thanks for hosting. It has rained for the last couple of days so the garden is on hold and the computer is back in use 😉. Hope all is well with you, Diane

      Delete
  2. That little one would be well concealed among the branches. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so lucky to see this little fellow hiding in the shrubbery, I had no idea what it was when I took the photos! Thanks for the visit and take care, Diane

      Delete
  3. C'est un très joli visiteur et surtout un très bon chanteur !
    L'été touche à sa fin, il n'a pas été merveilleux cette année.
    Bises Diane.
    Mes amitiés

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Nathalie, L'été a été horrible. Le temps fou et le COVID ne font pas bon ménage. Je déteste l'hiver, j'ai toujours froid. J'espère que tu vas bien. Bisous Diane

      Delete
  4. Hi Diane - Your garden is a delight to see and to know what you're harvesting ... as well as scouring the hedgerows for the delicious 'wild' blackberry ... is it a green finch - but whom ever it is - your photos are brilliant. Enjoy the harvesting and Cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, I see on my other blog you have realised that the bird is very definitely a Melodious Warbler :-)
      Keep safe and take care, Diane

      Delete
  5. How pretty, but I bet not easy to spot!

    Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.