Pages

Thursday 30 May 2019

We are back home after our trip to the Dordogne.....

While we were away the weather was not very good and bird sightings were few.  We heard and briefly saw a hoopoe, and also heard an owl that I was reliably told was a Scops Owl. The only Robin I saw posed perfectly for me the one time I did not have a camera in hand!  I did get plenty of insect photos though!!

I would like to add a link to a friends blog who has just been to Wales and he has taken the most remarkable shots of Red kites (Milvus milvu) and he has added a great write up as well.

This was the most interesting bird that I managed to photograph -
Long-tailed tit or long-tailed bushtit (Aegithalos caudatus).

As above...

As above.

We had to visit Souillac Station and this Common blackbird (Turdus merula) appeared just next to the car, photo taken through the window!

While having lunch at a restaurant in Belvès this male House Sparrows (Passer domesticus) watched on hoping for crumbs I guess,

Back home yesterday we had a visit from a male Common chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs).


As above.

I will endeavour to get some bird photos for next weeks blog but the garden is so overgrown after 10 days away, with lots of rain, that there is little time to play!!!


Linking up to 

and

12 comments:

  1. Some interesting birds. Good luck with the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, it is hard work bu I do love our garden!! Keep well Diane

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoyed your visit. You have captured some lovely bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the best trip we have had the weather was rubbish!! Hope you are well Diane

      Delete
  3. Hello Diane and I hope you enjoyed your trip to another part of France.

    Blogger seemed to lose one of your last comments so that I couldn't publish it even though it's in my mail box. Google is a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having lots of problems at the moment main one being my google emails are impossible to download on to outlook. Microsoft want me to give them permission to look, organise and delete my emails!!!!!! What the hell has it got to do with them??? Not the best trip the weather was not good!! Keep well Diane

      Delete
  4. Your photos are a treasure for me as I don't see them in America. And I loved that you shared the kite post published by a friend of yours. It flying with wide wings...beautiful.

    I'm happy you linked up this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anni, the kite photos are fantastic I think. You are the same for me, I do not see interesting birds like you have there.

      Delete
  5. Nice birds which, except for the House Sparrow, I cannot hope to see in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment. We have so many house sparrows around us and I think we are the only people who put food out so we get mote than our share 😉 Keep well Diane

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen a Long-tail for weeks even though it has been a relatively mild winter. Like you Diane we are having too much rain for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had the Long-tailed tits here at the house but no such luck. I did some gardening this evening and came back to the house 6 inches taller with all the mud on my shoes! Not sure if anything is going to grow maybe too wet!! Hope all is well with you, Diane

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.