Pages

Thursday 26 September 2019

Just a short fun post

As I said previously, we are daily on the run with little time for photography.  October is approaching fast and then we will be away until mid-November.  The birds though captivated me this morning in the bath and I had to grab the camera.  The other shots are just odd ones that I have taken since my last post.

House sparrows (Passer domesticus) having fun...

As above...

Watch out I am about to bomb you all 😉

Getting splashed sitting on the stone elephant waiting patiently.

Great tit (Parus major) hanging on to our house stone wall.

As above, taking a drink with little water left after all the bathing!

Black redstart (Phoenicurus ochruros) on the roof.  

Common wood pigeons (Columba palumbus).

I am not sure what bird this was but I just like the photo!!


Joining up with




and


12 comments:

  1. The little birds splashing about are so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, the birds are such fun I just wish I had more time to watch them. Hope all is well with you, Diane

      Delete
  2. Hi Diane - wonderful ... they enjoy their playtime too. Great shots and particularly of the moon - looks like it's travelling leaving a mirage behind it. Plenty of water here today for the birds to duck and dive in ... take care and good to see a post - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Hilary, it is so good to get some rain, we have been parched and they birds and the garden are loving it. Yes I really liked that shot of the moon. Keep well, I will be back when I have more time. Diane

      Delete
  3. Love the sparrows in the bath, as always! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always such fun to watch. Hope all is well with you Diane

      Delete
  4. They sure look like they love their bath! Very fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny watching them especially when they all try to cram in together. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  5. Pretty birds! All are beautiful (that one withe the elephant is favored tho!).

    Thanks for leaving your link & commenting at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stone elephant is always a useful perch 😉 Take care Diane

      Delete
  6. We had the same thing last week, (before the cold and big snow !@) ... about 8 or 10 of 'em trying to all get into the bird bath at the same time. Mayhem.... then, a poor robin showed up and looked around, like...what happened to the water? ... this thing was full earlier.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. These made me smile. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.