Pages

Saturday 28 December 2019

Just a few photos taken in our French garden this week.

House sparrow - male (Passer domesticus)...

As above - female...

As above.

Common chaffinch - female (Fringilla coelebs)...

As above...

As above -male...

As above.

Eurasian blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)...
I do not normally take photos of birds at a feeder, but these are our homegrown hazelnuts, which I have just found the blue tits love.

As above, and as you can see it is raining!!


Joining up with


and


8 comments:

  1. How wonderful to find something the birds love to eat and share with them. I love them all! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great captures! Great to be able to grow the hazelnuts and feed the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the hazel nuts! Beautiful photos!

    With your lovely post viewed, I want to thank you for linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin and wish you a most prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Diane. I think those Blue Tits know a good thing when they see one. Nuts are full of nutrients, for them and us so you were very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great shots! I don't know how you do it. They move so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look delightfully familiar to me, Diane - except the elephant! We had a record crop of Cob nuts on the tree this year, but the squirrels took thousands of them and dug up the whole of the garden to bury them - just after the wild flower seeds in the mini-meadow that I's sown had started to germinate. I think I'll probably have to sow again in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just home in Australia and although I'm not a big bird watcher, I was impressed by the number of different birds flourishing near my parents house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.