Pages

Saturday 20 June 2020

Feeding the young, House Sparrows at home in Lock-down


The first 3 photos taken with my old lens the Nikon 55 -300mm.

Female House Sparrow (Passer domesticus). with her young family...

As above...

As above...

All the photos below were taken with the new Tamron Megazoom - 18-400 mm, You can see the better quality. Taken at the same distance as above.
Mum and the youngster...

As above...

and a second one arrives.

Dad trying to do his bit...

As above...

As above...

Guess Dad is getting fed up so he stamps his foot 😀

Just liked this shot of Mum and Dad...

and Mum taking a drink.

I was delighted yesterday to see outside the house an adult Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica) with what I presume to be two youngsters. We have remarked that we have not seen any this year but they are obviously around even if not in such great numbers.


See also my Photodiary 

Joining up with 


and 

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm pretty loyal to Nikon (of course, I'm just using a bridge camera) but what a difference in photo quality! Cute little sparrows. The only time I spot swallows they are flying way up in the sky. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My base camera is Nikon a 3500 previously I had a 3200. I was trying to keep costs down and the Tamron was a good choice. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  2. I love this series. I too photograph with Nikon.


    I want to send along my thanks for your participation this week at IRBB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a a pleasure to join you. Stay safe Diane

      Delete
  3. Ps...I corrected your link you have on IRBB photo blog just now. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve got sparrow babies this week too! But not such good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and very familiar birds!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures Diane. Your finding good shutter speeds to capture the action. I think your birds are at the same stage as our own with plenty of young ones now. Keep snapping. Having a new lens rekindles the appetite doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also had young Greenfinches but I could not catch them on camera :-(( Love my new lens. Stay safe Diane

      Delete
  7. How beautiful to see these moments of parent/baby! Your photos tell a wonderful story!

    I'm glad you are a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty and it is a pleasure to join you. Keep safe Diane

      Delete
  8. Awww! I absolutely love these cute captures!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Have a good week Diane

      Delete
  9. Hi Diane - wonderful shots and I see what you mean about the two lenses - the new one makes a big difference. Wonderful colourings on the House Sparrow ... while I'm always delighted to see others and more ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my photos before were not too bad but I know see the difference with the Tamron!!!! Thanks for the visit. Sorry I am not keeping up very well just so much to do!! Cheers Diane

      Delete
  10. Aww, there is always something incredibly sweet about seeing parents care for their young.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.