Pages

Monday 31 December 2018

Week 2 in the UK and a few odd photos while out walking.

A few birds seen locally walking around Devizes.  As always please let me know if I have got the ID incorrect.
Mute swan (Cygnus olor)...


As above...


As above.


Black-headed gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus) in its winter colours...


As above...


As above.


Common moorhen (Gallinula chloropus).


Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos), female...

An amorous male - look carefully.


Common chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs).



Linking up to 

7 comments:

  1. A nice set of UK birds - I enjoyed catching up with these species at the end of 2018.

    Hope you had a good New Years Eve / Day!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stewart. The same birds may get a bit boring as no chance to get away from here to see what else is around!! We have another month to go yet!
      We had a vey quiet New Year and slept through all the celebrations!! All the best for 2019, Diane

      Delete
  2. Yes Diane. That is a bit extreme. Ducking your would be lover into a pool of water. I don't think I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first photo I took she was not in sight I thought he was alone!!! I agree it is a bit extreme! Have a good weekend, we are nearly there. Diane

      Delete
  3. Oh great shots Diane!!! I particularly love the swans but all birds are beautiful in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise I agree, all birds (and animals) are beautiful, if only the human race took after them the world may be a better place. Take care Diane

      Delete
  4. Fabulous birds! Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.