Pages

Sunday 6 January 2019

Week 3 still in the UK.

Not a particularly interesting selection, but all these have been seen in walking distance from the house.  We just do not have time to go further afield.  Hopefully, my ID is correct.

Black-headed gulls (Chroicocephalus ridibundus) in their winter plumage.

Canada goose (Branta canadensis).

Mute swan (Cygnus olor) and Canada Goose.

Mute Swan hissing at me I was a bit too close!

As above.

Mute Swan and Black-headed Gulls.

Pair of Mallard ducks (Anas platyrhynchos).

Bottoms up.

Common moorhen (Gallinula chloropus).

Common wood pigeon (Columba palumbus).



Linking up to 

8 comments:

  1. I'm pleased you enjoyed my jokes Diane. I'm sorry our UK weather isn't a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil it really could be very much worse, I have managed to get out for a walk each day. Because one of us needs to be on standby for FIL it means that we cannot go far together. All walks have been around the local green and the canal, I must say I have enjoyed them but I am limited to what I see in our feathered friends!! Cheers Diane

      Delete
  2. I have to disagree with the interest level! I rather enjoyed catching up with these species recently!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted that you are interested. Different to where we are in France though as well. Cheers Diane

      Delete
  3. Ducks remind me of my childhood - feeding them in the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I also remember doing that as a child. it used to be fun. Cheers Diane

      Delete
  4. This isn't the best time of year for UK birding, especially in parks and the like, but keep it up. You just never know Diane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had a chance to get out even close by this past week, FIL has not been well and time has been more than limited. Maybe I will get a chance at the weekend to make a break for a couple of hours! Hopefully a few birds may pop in to say hello 😉 Have a good weekend, Diane

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.