Pages

Monday 25 February 2019

Not the best birding week!!

The weather has been just amazing and we had a calling from the garden to go and do some work in it while we could!!  Therefore just a couple of sightings when I had the camera in hand while in the garden.
Eurasian magpie or common magpie (Pica pica)...

Note the beautiful blue colouring in the wing and tail feathers,

Not a regular visitor to the garden... 

but it pops in occasionally.

Grey heron (Ardea cinerea). Seen in the paddock next door where there are lots of sheep.

Common crane (Grus grus), also known as the Eurasian crane, flying North to their breeding grounds overhead...

It has been a couple of weeks now that we have been seeing them. This almost looks like a join the dots drawing from further afield.

The biggest bird of all that we see quite often 😉



Linking up to 

and

7 comments:

  1. Love that magpie! The herons here are blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not over fond of magpies and their habitsm but they are good looking birds. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  2. Hi Diane. You can send some cranes this way please. But no Magpies thanks. We have more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, I am glad that I only see Magpies on rare occasions in the garden though there are plenty around. Not sure the cranes will take any notice of me trying to change their flight path 😉 I can shout at them though and see if it works. Have a good week. Diane

      Delete
  3. You've captured the iridescent colours in the Magpie beautifully, Diane. I'm most impressed by those Cranes - I'd love to see such a sight. Did they make a lot of noise as they flew?

    My very best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard, if it were not for all the noise the cranes make I probably would have very few photos. We hear them long before we see them. We are so lucky to see them twice a year and live right under their flight path.
      Take care and best wishes as always, Diane

      Delete
  4. I think magpies are pretty - great shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.