Pages

Saturday 6 July 2019

Still very hot here, but the delight of spotting a Little Owl again (twice) this week made up for it.

01/07/2019 Seen on the neighbour's barn across the road, but I only managed one shot before it was gone. Little owl (Athene noctua).

02/07/2019 Seen on our barn which is opposite our house on the other side of the road and I was at the bottom of our garden where I was watering.  Again quite far, but it waited for me to go and get the camera 😉

I managed to get a little closer, but there was only one place where I could see it between the trees.

 As above where it turned to watch me more carefully!!

Common blackbird (Turdus merula) male, I actually missed it bathing, but caught it trying to spruce himself up for his Mrs.




Think he might have had something to say at the end of it all, but I have not learnt to speak blackbird!  He never did sort out the erratic hairstyle, perhaps it is the new fashion !


Joining up with


and

7 comments:

  1. Two beauties for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my...your photo shares this week are once again awesome!! Love the owl in particular (they don't call me hootin' for nothlng)

    As always, I say thanks for linking in with us at IRBB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feather detail on the Blackbird! The tile roof on the barn lookd like the one on our house if it lasts another 100 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful little birds Little Owls are! Great pictures.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Wilson's Prom National Park (where I am surprised to have Internet access!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bird photos! Love that little owl on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha. Watching you, watching me. Have a lovely weekend Diane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it is appreciated and it is my policy to try to answer every one even if only to say thank you.
NO COMMENT THAT HAS A LINK WILL BE PUBLISHED, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.